Do you have a social media calendar? if you’ve never heard of this before, or haven’t been sure of how to use one for your blog, you’re in the right place!
The key elements to any efficient social media platform are consistency, planning and organization.
The trick to achieving these is through the use of a social media content calendar. These are fantastic content planners that allow bloggers to stay consistent and organised.
By creating a social media content planner that is personalised to your niche and audience you will reap the benefits of staying organized and on top of your game.
The benefits of using a social media planner
- Reduce stress – Juggling the multitude of things you need to do each day in order to run your blog and social media platforms can be stressful. By keeping a social media content calendar you will be able to plan your posts days, weeks or even months in advance. Allowing you to become more productive and leaving you time to focus on other areas of your blog.
- Multiple platforms – As a blogger you most likely have several social media platforms that all need content. As each platform targets and caters to a different audience, you can use your social media content calendar to tailor each post to target your different audiences. Allowing for more engagement on each platform.
- Marketing focus – Using a social media content calendar allows you to cater for different holidays, special days and events. In advance. If you are working with brands these help you to pitch your campaigns in time.
- Productivity – A social media content planner will make you more efficient and productive as you will now have a well thought out plan in place to reach your goals.
How to use a social media calendar
- Customise. Know your audience and niche and customize your calendar to meet your individual audience and blog needs.
- Start slow. As with everything new it takes practice. So start by planning one platform for a shorter period and gradually increase. Just until you are familiar with working with a planner for your social media content.
- Be flexible. There may be times where you need to adjust your posting schedule, allow yourself the flexibility to do this. Use your calendar as a guide as to what to post and try not to feel too pressured to post everything
- Don’t do it alone. There are some wonderful apps and sites that you can use to automate your social media, find one tht works for you.
Make your 2020 a successful and productive year by implementing a social media content calendar .